1. Information Collected
Personally-Identifiable Information (“Personal Information”)
Direct Healthcare Community and Direct Healthcare Community’s service providers only collect Personal Information when you voluntarily submit such information, for example by signing up for the Direct Healthcare Community newsletter or to donate. Depending on the service you choose, the Personal Information collected may include your name, email address, address, phone number, payment details, organizational affiliation and similar information.
Direct Healthcare Community uses the following tools to collect Personal Information, which are stored externally:
- MailChimp for email list only
- Directhcc.com stores membership information such as name, email, password, etc.
- Stripe as our payment gateway stores any payment information.
For each visitor to this website, our web servers may automatically recognize and collect information that does not identify you personally (“Non-Personal Information”), such as in-bound domain names, your computer’s IP address, the type of browser in use and pages viewed. This data tells us which pages our users visit and what information they volunteer, such as survey information and/or site registrations.
- We use Google Analytics, which installs cookies on users’ browsers, to understand the performance of our Sites and content contained within including, but not limited to: number of visits and average time spent either to a single page or the entire site, number of pages viewed per session, or the sequence of pages visited. We may also customize site structure or navigation as well as certain web content based on these data as well as your browser type, bandwidth or other settings to optimize your site experience. Google Analytics also collects information about the devices that are used to access our site, including computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system and version, device manufacturer and model, language, and Internet browser type and version. Google uses these data to reports web trends.
- We use third-party services that allow us to serve you advertisements while on participating Sites, based on information relating to your time on our site or similar types of sites, which is tracked through a unique cookie on your browser or tracking pixels.
- We use Google Adwords to display text ads at the top of Google keyword searches. Anonymized information on specific keywords typed is provided.
- We use YouTube to host video content on directhcc.com. Analytics for this platform include aggregated and anonymized data on length and location of views, basic demographic details, and engagement rates.
2. Use of Information
Any Personal Information collected through our Sites is used for the purpose for which it was provided, for example:
- to periodically alert you to Direct Healthcare Community news and events,
- to respond to inquiries,
- to contact you about contests or sweepstakes you entered through our Sites and to invite you to participate in new contests and sweepstakes,
- to customize your web experience or content you receive via email,
- to encourage social sharing functionality.
- For internal data analysis, for example to identify trends, determine effectiveness of past and current campaigns, enhance current online tools, and plan future digital strategies.
We do not share your Personal Information with any third parties without your consent, except under the following circumstances:
- to Direct Healthcare Community service providers for the purposes set forth above;
- in response to a subpoena or when we are required to do so by law, for example, in response to a court order or other legal obligation;
- in response to a law enforcement agency’s request;
- to protect the security or confidentiality of our records;
- in special cases when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with our rights;
- or in the event Direct Healthcare Community goes through a reorganization (e.g., a merger into another organization), in which case you will be notified via a prominent notice on the website of any such transfer of your Personal Information.
We may use Non-Personal Information for any purpose, unless restricted by applicable law. In some instances, we may combine Non-Personal Information with Personal Information. If we do, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
Our Sites incorporate reasonable and appropriate safeguards using industry standard technology to heighten the security, accuracy and privacy of any Personal Information collected by Direct Healthcare Community.
All online donation transactions are encrypted using the Secure Socket Layers (SSL) protocol. Such transactions are processed through Stripe, a secured and PCI Service Provider Level 1 compliant gateway provider, and are not stored or processed on Direct Healthcare Community’s servers. PCI Service Provider Level 1 is the payment card industry security requirement for entities that store, process or transmit cardholder data. PCI Service Provider Level 1 Compliance gives consumers the confidence they need to know that organizations accepting donations are doing so in a verified, secure, and consistent fashion. Strip received PCI Service Provider Level 1 compliance – the highest level validation. The use of DigiCert SSL Certificates provide for the highest level of encryption available. These comprehensive standards are intended to help Direct Healthcare Community proactively protect your account data — a responsibility we take very seriously.
4. Linked Websites
Our Sites contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
5. Update Personal Information and Communications Preferences.
You can control the type of information collected through our Sites, for example by not accepting cookies from Direct Healthcare Community, by erasing all Direct Healthcare Community cookies from your browser, or by not providing Personal Information when prompted. To opt out of cookies installed by Google Analytics, please see https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Your choice will impact your communications preferences, for example we will not be able to respond to inquiries when you do not share your email address with us.
If you wish to update your Personal Information with us or change your communications preferences or if you no longer wish to receive communications from us, please tell us so by email, phone, written letter. Please include your exact name and contact details so that we can correctly remove you from our mailing list. Our mailing address is: DHC Revolution PO Box 482, Delta, UT 84624. We can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at (385) 313-0342.
6. Children’s Privacy
We recognize the importance of protecting the privacy of children on the web and will never collect or maintain information at our website from those we actually know are under 13 years old. No part of our website is directed at children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under age 13. If we discover that a person under the age of 13 has provided us with any Personal Information, we will delete that information from our systems. We do not reply to information requests from children under the age of 13, if so identified. A parent or guardian must initiate any requests for information from children under the age of 13 on their behalf. We encourage parents to supervise children when they browse the internet.
7. California Residents
It is our policy not to disclose any Personal Information we collect to third parties for direct marketing purposes under any circumstances. However, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 requires that all California residents be afforded the option to exercise their choice of whether Personal Information may be shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes or not, as well as to receive information specified in the statute if Personal Information is disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes. Accordingly, if you are a California resident and you wish to inform us whether you permit or refuse the sharing of your personal information with third parties for direct marketing purposes, or if you wish to request certain information if your personal information were to be disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes, please contact us as described in the section “Update Personal Information and Communications Preferences”.
8. Cross Border Transfers
Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or service providers, and by using our Sites or by providing consent to us (where required by law), you agree to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including to the United States, which may provide for different data protection rules than in your country.
We reserve the right to modify or supplement this policy at any time. If a material change to this policy is made, we will post a notice on the home page, and any changes to the policy will be posted on this page.